V.G.Vaze College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mulund, Mumbai
Scientific Research Centre
- From Biotechnology Vocational Course to PG and R & D Programmes
- MSc by Research and Ph.D.
- Funded, Un-funded Major/Minor Research projects
- Green House, Nursery, Pilot and Demonstration Farms
- Plants on which work in progress: Geranium, Stevia, Kokum, Brahmi (Maca), Pink Pepper, Vanilla, Agarwood, Memordica, Mapia etc.
- Plant developed for commercial production: Patchouli (over 800 farmers are cultivating, in the costal belt of Andhra, Maharashtra and Karnataka, under buy-back scheme)
- Linkage with Farmers: Training, Agricultural Consultancy, Cultivation
of Ornamental, Aromatic and Medicinal Plants – with select buy-back schemes
- Linkage with industry – consultancy, research and development
activities, Testing and Quality Evaluation
- Industrial research proposed with condition of employment of students
involved in the project
- KEVA Biotech Private Limited – production, marketing and export of essential oil ….
Plough back of 'surplus' for institutional development
Training and Extension Programmes
- Training for entrepreneurs in Biotechnology transfer with SISI
- Training for Biotechnology undergraduate students
- Training for faculty of Mumbai University colleges
Scientific Research Centre Photogallery